I'm trying to redraw a diagram, and I'm having difficulty recreating the base spiral:
I need to make the concentric spiral part.
Can you help me?
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
It is easy as usual!
For that i will use Illustrator CS5.
1) Take a "Spiral Tool"
2) Now click on the screen and set some options for the spiral creation. Then click "OK"
3) A new spiral will be drawn:
4) Now transform the spiral:
5) Rotate and scale:
6) It will be look like this:
7) Take a "Reshape Tool" (the magic begins :)
8) Select the lowest node of the spiral and drag it to bottom:
9) Thats all:
I realise this is an old question, but thought it worthwhile posting a method for Inkscape 1.0 since the OP mentioned doing this in something other than Adobe Illustrator.
Rotate and squash the spring a bit, then add a Perspective/Envelope Path Effect, set the type to "Envelope deformation"
Using the Edit Paths by Nodes Tool (N) click and drag the control points to distort it.
Convert back to a path using Path > Object to Path
Select and break some nodes
Do Path > Break apart
Add arrow markers in the Fill and Stroke panel