How can I get a paint colorblock effect on the edges similar to what is on the edges of the red portion of Saul Bass's One Two Three poster?

I have two layers, one is a background that is white. The second layer (above the background layer) has a rectangle selection that is filled with color. I would like the edges of color filled square to resemble the red edges here:



Jagged edges with Gimp

These are the steps I took for jagged edges using a predefined default Script Fu filter.

  1. Select an area:

    enter image description here

  2. Choose Select - Distort...:

    enter image description here
    Choose appropriate values for desired effect.

    enter image description here

  3. Bucket fill selection:

    enter image description here

  4. Add an artistic effect for brush strokes

    • Grow selection by the desired width of the effect
    • choose a Filter -> Artistic which meets your needs.

    enter image description here
    (GimPressionist Crosshatch)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.