I want to know how the A in this logo can be created in Photoshop and how the effects are applied. I found the font and other things.

BASIC text logo

I am not able to create the character A without the central bar in Photoshop.

How can I create the character 'A', and apply a gradient overlay, just like the one in the picture?

  • 1
    I'm not sure if you're having trouble creating the shape of the A or if you need help with the gradient effect, or both. Could you clarify and let us know what you have tried so far?
    – JohnB
    Oct 8, 2013 at 18:17

2 Answers 2

  • Type a V

  • Rotate it 180°

  • Apply a gradient overlay.


  • 4
    Brainfart! Totally missed the upside down v lol. That's why they pay you the big bucks! ;)
    – Dom
    Oct 8, 2013 at 18:29
  • 8
    It's not an upside down V, it's a Λ! :)
    – JohnB
    Oct 8, 2013 at 18:53
  • That sample.. is an upside down V. :)
    – Scott
    Oct 8, 2013 at 19:45
  • Hi Scott, that is really great...but I want to know how to create this whole logo. I am new to photoshop. so, I don't have any idea how to edit text individually once I tried to edit V it rotates all the text. Please help.
    – kavita
    Oct 9, 2013 at 18:08
  • Hi Scott, Please tell me how to do this ? I have written "BASIC" in Photoshop using text too. Now I have written "V" but once I try to rotate the V photoshop rotate the whole "Basic" to 180 degree. Please let me know how can I rotate just V from the word.
    – kavita
    Oct 10, 2013 at 18:05

You have to do everything individually, if you have a problem with this, I suggest you make a font in illustrator or something :)

  • 3
    Hi Dave, thanks for your answer. I've downvoted, since it doesn't really answer the question in any meaningful way. Could you elaborate or clarify what you're saying?
    – PieBie
    Nov 23, 2015 at 11:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.