Is there a Photoshop or Illustrator action or a set of brushes that can help me achieve this image style and feeling in my drawings / photos?

cartoon image http://thatstupidkid.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/REMOTE-04-Escape-9-5.png

  • definitely illustrator kind of thing
    – user8795
    Commented Oct 26, 2013 at 23:16
  • Your image is now broken. Do you think that you could possibly replace it?
    – Mithical
    Commented Mar 8, 2017 at 9:29

1 Answer 1


Check out the Brush and Brush Presets windows. I recommend trying the Dual Brush settings to get a similar texture like your image. Using default brushes, pick one brush that's the base(something not too jittery) and another that's going to be your texture(grungy). Try adjusting the brush sizes and spacing to fit your need. I made a path, and used 'stroke path with brush' and filled in the center with white. Mine is a bit messy, but you get the idea I hope. enter image description here

There are also a lot of custom brushes people have made, but I think searching for one might take longer than playing around with Dual Brush. Plus, you learn this way :) Hope that helps.

  • That worked like a charm! I did a couple of drawings with this tecnique: image1 image2 I love it! Thank you!
    – alengton
    Commented Oct 27, 2013 at 17:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.