So I've seen this pattern in the background and banners of websites, but I don't know what it's called. I want to see more examples, and learn how to do it myself (Using CS2).

This website has a example of what I'm talking about in it's seemless background: http://projectmgame.com/en/

  • could you attach a screenshot, because the site will eventually change. it is good practice on Stackexchange to copy the part of the site you are talking about.
    – n611x007
    Nov 4 '13 at 17:28

I would call it a tessellation since the triangles used are regular and repeating in a unified way.


I'd call it a pattern which is the same thing as a tessellation, just not such a "fancy" word.

Just because it happens to be a pattern/tessellation of triangles, that does not give it a specific name.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.