I thought I used to be able to do this, maybe I am losing my mind.
Here are the steps to what I'm trying to accomplish: (Adobe Illustrator CS6)
- Create a couple of shapes.(Shapes A)
- Fill the shapes with a color, and then group them.
- Create another shape and fill it with a different color.(Shape B)
- Select group of Shapes A, use the eyedropper to select the color of Shape B.
- The color of Shapes A won't change.
This also doesn't work if you use the Appearance or Swatches window to change the color.
I know about global swatches, isolation mode, recolor artwork, and some other methods. But, I thought I used to be able to change the color of group objects just by using the eyedropper tool - and that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Did I possibly hit some sort of option that changed this? Am I going crazy?