I have been creating my CV with Photoshop for several years now. I've heard and seen it myself, that this is not the right tool at all to design a résumé.
I never used the other tools from the Adobe suite, but I'm thinking of InDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks. From previous experience, I have identified these requirements, I need:
- to define a structure/skeleton from the beginning;
- to draw squares, rectangles, shadings just like on Photoshop;
- to easily use percentages to divide my document;
- to move one part of the document and to see the other one follow. For example, I move down the header, so all the rest below will move down as well;
- to manage text alignments easily;
- to use lists;
- to perfectly align blocks;
- to output a very light PDF file.
Which software will best satisfy the needs I have listed above?
Which software would you recommend to me for creating a curriculum vitae?