It's not hard to make gradient lighting like this using Photoshop:

enter image description here

But I want to make the lighter part as a point in the center, with gradient along radials.

How to do it?

1 Answer 1


Before drawing the gradient with the gradient tool, click any of the gradient modes on top of the screen in the options bar:

gradient options bar

The one circled is the one you want for a radial gradient.

In case you don't have the options bar visible, you can activate it in the 'Window' menu by clicking 'Options'.

If you're drawing your gradient using a gradient overlay layer style, you'll want to search out the 'Style' option in the layer style dialog box. Choose 'radial' there for the effect you're looking for!

  • But how do you CENTER it? Having to eyeball it is lame. It's weird that Photoshop doesn't have a Fill/Gradient option, which would by default of course center itself in the selection/on active layer. Very strange. Nov 3, 2021 at 19:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.