The billing/invoicing/time-tracking software I use, iBiz, is no longer being supported by its manufacturer. I am a freelancer, so I need software which allows me to:
- Track time on jobs
- Track tasks on jobs
- Automatically fill in a rate for a task (not all tasks are the same hourly rate)
- Add notes about a job
- Put in flat-rate items
- Organize clients, preferably by allowing me to have more than one point of contact in a company
- Generate invoices
- Record payments and log them against invoices
- Customize the invoices with a logo
- Generate earnings reports for tax season
Cost is not an enormous issue, although I'd rather not spend several thousand dollars.
I do not want something online or cloud-based. I want something I can buy, once, and download, once, and which works offline. I do not want to pay a subscription fee. I do not want something which is a web app, because if the company disappears, so do all my records.
What are your suggestions? What experience have you had with the software, and why would you recommend for/against it?
I am in the U.S. working on a Mac, so the software must be Mac-compatible.