I found this background which is being used in Wordpress Stackexchange:


Link: http://cdn.sstatic.net/wordpress/img/bg-watermark.png

I don't know what kind is this background called in English: texture, footage... or what? (I'm not so good at English). I want to find more images like this to use in my project but I have no idea what keyword to use.

Any help would be appreciated!

  • 1
    I think it's called "pattern background"
    – KMSTR
    Commented Feb 22, 2014 at 7:32

1 Answer 1


Try "gothic clipart" in a google image search, and head from there.

  • Thanks, that is exactly what I want. I am finding some clipart that look "mathematic" for my math project. Do you have any suggestion for me?
    – TrungDQ
    Commented Feb 22, 2014 at 8:31
  • try "geometric designs" or "geometric clipart".
    – Confused
    Commented Feb 22, 2014 at 8:36
  • 1
    and then try combinations of "geometric gothic clipart" that should be almost exactly what you want.
    – Confused
    Commented Feb 22, 2014 at 8:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.