Is there a fairly simple way to divide a circle into equal parts using Adobe Illustrator CC?
Polar Grid tool... just tap the arrow keys while you drag.
Up/Down for inner circles, left/right for diameter divisions.
Or, Option/Alt-click with the Polar Grid tool to set specific numbers of divisions.
Like plainclothes said ... an easy screenshot-walkthrough for an even number of segments:
- Draw a circle
- Add a line across
- Rotate line/path with (TRICK!) the copy button N-times.
- Repeat action (Command-D on OS X).
- Select circle and all sections.
- Use the pathfinder tool and select divide.
- You got segments.
You can simply make a piechart with Illustrators own chart-functionality:
Fill in whatever % you want for the different slices, and then ungroup the whole thing afterwards, if you want to remove parts of it.
- Draw a path across the exact middle (horizontal or vertical)
- Rotate and duplicate according to your needs to define the slices
- Use the divide feature in the Pathfinder to split the circle up using your paths
- Draw a circle using the ellipse tool
- Object -> Path -> Add Anchor Points
- Repeat 2nd step as needed