When using the pathfinder to exclude overlapping shapes from another shape, the base shape will inherit the visual fx applied to the overlapping shapes. How can I prevent the "bottom" (base) shape from having the same vfx?
Steps to reproduce:
- Draw a large random shape with corners using the pen tool
- Draw a small rectangle contained within the blob
- Add Appearance > Stylize > Rounded Corners to the rectangle
- Use Pathfinder > Exclude with both shapes selected
- Note that the blob/splat inherits the rounded corners vfx
How can I keep the rounded corners on the rectangle, but lose them on my "random shape"?