And how does one do this?

An example where the lines are intersecting the letterforms:

enter image description here

  • Similar question – user56reinstatemonica8 Mar 26 '14 at 9:55
  • if you're not referring to the 3D effect, but the effect where the lines mess with the text? if so, in physics class we called that Refraction, but when applied to design i don't know if there is an "official term" for that. "displacement" would be my best guess. – BrianC Mar 26 '14 at 19:55

That is an anamorphic 3d (stereo vision) illustration. If you put on a pair of red/green stereo glasses you'll see the effect. The "broken line" is part of the 3D illusion.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.