I'm not really sure what else to call it, but my goal basically is to create various locations on a map and have them connect with a curved progress bar-like line.

Like this: Sample

I'm familiar with the pen tool and how to make curved lines, but I'm not really sure how to go from a curved line to the picture above.

  • this is called a 'pattern brush', you define (or pick) a pattern and apply it to a path as a stroke. Google 'pattern brush' and you'll fond lots of ways how to make and apply them.
    – Vincent
    Apr 2, 2014 at 10:12
  • Thanks for the suggestion Bakabaka, but I believe Pattern Brushes are only for Illustrator, no? I'm specifically trying to do this in Photoshop :)
    – smaili
    Apr 2, 2014 at 11:01
  • Oh, I didn't see, please specify in your question. You might be in for a toughie, then. The entire image screams 'vector' to me, and I'm not sure you can reproduce the effect in Ps somewhat easily.
    – Vincent
    Apr 2, 2014 at 11:05
  • Sorry for the confusion. I've updated the question :)
    – smaili
    Apr 2, 2014 at 11:30
  • You can't do this easily within Photoshop. However, it's fairly simple in Illustrator.
    – Scott
    Apr 2, 2014 at 17:10


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.