We are designing a magazine using InDesign.
- 1 InDesign Document (we cal it the Ladder) that binds all below mentioned document into the Magazine.
- A lot of Single Page InDesign Documents.
- A few Double Spread (2 pages next to each other, facing) InDesign Documents.
Using a new InDesign (We use CS6), it is possible to place an InDesign file inside another (this is how we bind all the pages together). This gives us the ability to have the whole team working on different pages at the same time (InDesign locks the file when it is opened).
By using the Double Spread pages, we are able to easily design the longer article pages to have a single PSD background, text continuity etc.
The issue we are facing:
When we place a Double Spread into the Ladder, only the first page is shown/imported into the Ladder. We can't get the second page to also be placed in the Ladder.
What we have tried:
- Expanding the rectangle of the placed page - this stretches the first page over the 2 pages.
- Searching for an answer - found a lot of answers, all for placing a singe page or multiple pages which are not Double Spreads.
Any help will be greatly appreciated