In Adobe Illustrator I have an Icon that has dimensions of 200px by 200px. When I export it to a PNG file though,the PNG file is 834px by 834px. Any suggestions to keep the icon at 200 by 200 pixels?
Because you did not check the Use Artboards option on the export window, Illustrator defaults to exporting everything in your workspace.
But I would recommend using the File > Save for Web... command, instead.
Save for web has the advantage of allowing you more control over the output. For example, you can even preview how things are going to be rendered and the final file size before exporting it. It also automatically crops to artboard size, so you don't have to worry about any overlapping objects.
For those who still have the problem with odd number like me. Such as 67, 143 ,or others. It will convert to 68 or 144. (for me)
Here steps for you to fix :
- Make sure Artboard is the same size with Background. (Size that you want it to be)
- Select all objects
- in transform X or Y should have “.5” , Cut it out
- open Artboard minus X or Y with .5 (Position that you cut it out in transform)
- Then export with normal default | Done
While exporting the PNG Image of 200Pixels and Artboard of 834 Pixels select the Use Artboard Icon in Export palette as shown in this Video.
File > Document Setup > Units > Pixels
1) Select Artboard, with Move/Copy Artwork button Active
2) Set Reference Point to upper Left Corner
3) Set X: 0 px, Y: 0 px
File > Export > Export for Screens
Formats: > set to desired px size