How to create this bokeh background effect with the help of Photoshop?
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
this effect is called bokeh effect lots of website now a days using this in lack of proper background this look good if used wisely,you can download brushes if not easy with the tutorials...
there is a list of sites how beautifully they are using this effect
giving tutorials links help in time you can follow them whenever you want to and make them as bookmark to use in future i do the same and it help me whenever i need to decorate my background...
hope this will help...:)
Follow these steps:
1) Create your background with either a solid color, or as in your example - a gradient. You can use the gradient tool to achieve this.
2) Create a circle using the circle shape tool and holding Shift to constrain it to a proper circle. Make the circle's fill color white, and lower the fill to around 40%.
3) Double click the layer to bring up Layer Styles dialogue, and add a white stroke to the circle of two or three pixels, and click OK.
4) Now select the circle layer from the layers palette and go to the Layer menu > Smart Objects > Convert to Smart Object.
5) Go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur > 3px.
6) Next go back to the Layers palette and set the blending mode of your circle to "Overlay"
7) Simply duplicate that circle smart object several times and place it in several locations around your canvas. You can resize it, and adjust the level of the Gaussian blur on the fly to achieve the effect above. You can also adjust the opacity of each layer individually to simulate distance. And you can duplicate some circles and let them just sit exactly on top of each other to increase the intensity of that particular circle.
I created this example from these same exact steps for you:
I have also made several of these background for sale at GraphicRiver.net. You can get a whole pack for 3 bucks here if you want to save the hassle of having to make them yourself.