I am working with a client and he wants me to design handwritten typefaces. I tried it with mouse but it is hard to do with mouse.
Any idea of how do you do such task?
- hand draw your characters. I'd set up a sheet with a grid for x-height, cap height, em width etc
- Refine till your happy with them
- Scan them
- In Illustrator, autotrace each character. Then refine.
- If you want to create a typeface, then work with Fontographer or similar. You can paste each character into Fontographers character grid.
- Generate your font format. OpenType, Truetype etc
I know this is a simplified run through, but that's the basics of how I'd do it.