This question already has an answer here:


Does anyone have any idea about how to edit like this in Photoshop? I have used Google to search for this, but have found nothing.

marked as duplicate by Vincent, benteh, Scott, JohnB Aug 7 '14 at 17:54

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • The Oil Paint filter. – Scott May 23 '14 at 6:31
  • To try and deconstruct how this was done, it's always help to start with the same source image and try to recreare it. Google's reverse image search is handy for that – JohnB May 23 '14 at 9:00

Select the filter Menu -> Oil paint…, and use the following settings as shown in the image below to get this effect. Adjust your own settings according to your picture.



In your sample hairs looks like painted over with tiny brush and tablet. Not a filter. Not sure that such effect can be achived just with a filter.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.