Like the one shown on the RSVP design. Thank you.


enter image description here

  • 2
    Personally I just call it a bracket frame, though there MUST be a more technical term :)
    – Jenna
    Commented Jun 12, 2014 at 15:41
  • 5
    @Jenna 43 million Google hits kind of agree with you.
    – Vincent
    Commented Jun 12, 2014 at 15:43

2 Answers 2


Bracket Frame.

Because thanks to @Bakabaka, I am sure that Google agrees :)

  • 2
    When adding a link to a Google search the best way to do it is http://gog.is/keyword+keyword+keyword. With your previous link, my browser flashed a page of incomprehensible gibberish before it correctly interpreted the link. Just a friendly and hopefully useful tip.
    – Dom
    Commented Jul 7, 2014 at 5:22
  • My bad, thanks for the edit :) friendly advice is appreciated!
    – Jenna
    Commented Jul 7, 2014 at 9:18

For whatever reason "bracket frame" just isn't cutting it for me. Seems like a more stylized derivative of the barbed quatrefoil.

barbed quatrefoil

It's killing me that I can't find a more "official" name for it, but the first thing I thought of was this episode of 99% Invisible from a few weeks back. Maybe someone else feels like digging into The Grammar of Ornament for more context.

Or just stick with bracket frame.

  • I was also shocked...surely there must be something more technical!!
    – Jenna
    Commented Jun 13, 2014 at 11:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.