I'm working with a tall, narrow document in Photoshop, and I'm using a trackpad. Is there any way I can lock horizontal scrolling so that when I use my trackpad to scroll, it only moves up/down?


Not within Photoshop I'm afraid. However, the Page Up / Page Down keys do exactly what you are asking, plus you can make them go left right if you hold down the Command key too.

  • I don't have these keys on my laptop, but I bet I can find a way to configure function keys for it. Thanks! – Qaz Jun 29 '14 at 18:01
  • 1
    You are welcome. Are you on a MacBook? You can use [fn] + [Arrow] instead for Page Up, Page Down, Page Left, Page Right. – TunaMaxx Jun 29 '14 at 20:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.