Is it possible [in Photoshop] to make overset text flow into an adjacent column, once the first text box is full?

ex. I have two three columns [A,B and C] and a surplus of copy. Once column A is full, I want excess copy to populate column B. If column B becomes full, I would like column C to be populated with any remaining copy and [if necessary] so forth.

This is something that's relatively trivial InDesign but I'm unaware of a way to do this in Photoshop. Thanks in advance for your help.

  • 2
    Photoshop is a raster graphics editor, not a typesetting application. If you want to do typesetting, use a typesetter. Commented Jul 4, 2014 at 12:39
  • That's what I was a afraid of. Thanks @MartinSchröder
    – Wilhelm
    Commented Jul 4, 2014 at 14:00

2 Answers 2


Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure this isn't possible in PS.

If you're working with that much type that you need to use many text boxes, ideally it should be done in InDesign or Illustrator.


I created a Photoshop script that does what you want. Download here.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.