I am looking for help in making a segmented ring effect in Photoshop.

Any idea would be highly appreciated.

enter image description here


I agree with JohnB. It would still be easy with Illustrator plus your icon is going to be scalable and it won't show pixels.

Anyway, the Photoshop way: (Please take note that there are a lot of ways of doing it. This is how I would do it)

First, make a circle:

enter image description here

Then, duplicate your first circle then change the second circle's color to white:

enter image description here

Then scale the new circle down just a little bit:

enter image description here

Grab your Lasso Tool;

enter image description here

Then draw a triangle-shaped selection according to your desired size of it:

enter image description here

Then make sure you are on your colored circle layer, then hit delete or backspace on your keyboard to delete the selected portion. Hit **ctrl+D** to deselect that portion you just selected

enter image description here

Add in your text and your done:

enter image description here

I hope this helps!

  • 1
    This is rasterized graph will not work for future use. – Abhishek Sharma May 31 '17 at 7:23
  • @AbhishekSharma, I understand but he did ask for the Photoshop solution. I'd gladly do one for Illustrator if that's what he asks for. – CheeseCake Aug 22 '17 at 16:41

You can set exact graph as value

See this Article

Hope this help.

  • I have added one link, please go through that – Abhishek Sharma Jun 12 '17 at 10:12

This method keeps everything as vectors in Photoshop CC 2017

  1. Create a circle using the Ellipse Tool. Set the stroke to blue and no fill.

  2. Create a grey triangular segment using the Pen Tool (shape option). Set the fill to grey, stroke to none.

  3. Alt+click in the layer panel on the line that separates both layers, this will create a vector clipping mask.

  4. Type the text.



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.