Hi I made a poster in photoshop but the image size is really big 15mb, as I live in a small town and have to email this to printers it is a bit of a problem. I was asked to get it down to around 4mb but I don't want it to lose its quality. How do I reduce the size but keep quality for printing?
File > Save As... choose JPG.
Set the Quality to 12 and save.
DO NOT use
Save for Web, use
The difference is Save for Web will save an RGB image at low resolution. By Choosing
Save As.. you can save a CMYK JPG at high resolution.
The quality setting of 12 will retain most of the quality of the file. In fact, you probably won't be able to tell the difference between the jpg and your original file. And the resulting jpg will be much smaller in terms of file size.
You can still email it using Google Drive, dropbox like services.
- upload it on your google drive
- share your link to your printer.
You will really lose quality if you reduce its size.
you can reduce filesize by
- flattening all layers to one.
- reducing excessive resolution amount. 300 dpi is enough to print a3, a4 size.
- you can try app like 7zip for compressing if they use compressed format like .7z or .zip .tar .rar.