How would you edit an photo to get a darkened face? It's hard to explain, but how would you get this edit in photoshop? Photo 1 Photo 2

Well here's the image i'm editing:

enter image description here

  • 1
    Just select the area within the hood, then proceed to use the darken brush. :) Aug 1, 2014 at 8:50
  • 1
    Easy, just creat a new layer and use the brush to paint the face in either or a very dark grey/purple so it doesn't look too dark and out of place. also make sure the brush has a hardness at about 60%
    – SaturnsEye
    Aug 1, 2014 at 13:25
  • Cheers. So simple...haha @SaturnsEye
    – LotusUNSW
    Aug 1, 2014 at 13:44
  • No worries pal :)
    – SaturnsEye
    Aug 1, 2014 at 13:45
  • It might be helpful to review the types of questions which should and should not be asked. Specifically what to avoid asking. Simple "how to" question" are customarily not desirable.
    – Scott
    Aug 2, 2014 at 19:53

2 Answers 2

  • Grab a Brush
  • Hold the Option/Alt down and sample the color just inside the edge of the hood.
  • Paint over the face (on the same layer or a new layer, doesn't matter.)

enter image description here


Although using a lasso (magnetic one would be better) is good, the best way I'd see is to use the Quick-Mask, and paint over the face, then make the selection and adjust levels to your satisfaction.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.