I want to look up tutotirals for a few things but dont even know what to search for. What is the correct way to describe the following?

  • The bar that is collected by the top of the screen and follows you after you start scrolling down

  • This style of full screen website where there are static/absolute positioned images that are shown and hidden as you scroll down to show different imaged for each section.

Like: https://codeanywhere.com/


1 Answer 1


Common terms are:

  • Sticky Header
  • Parallax Scrolling

You'll find many examples of Parallax scrolling, be careful not to go to over-the-top with it. Many do.

  • Can you give an example of over the top and your favourite implentation.
    – ZZ9
    Commented Aug 6, 2014 at 15:50
  • Not really :) There are thousands of sites which jumped on the parallax bandwagon a year or two ago. I don't really keep track of them. I simply see one and realize, "they implemented that well" or "That's a lot of pointless parallax." Essentially, don't bury the content with parallax movement. Remember the function of a web site and don't go too heavy into form.
    – Scott
    Commented Aug 6, 2014 at 16:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.