I've tried several scripts and they all appear broken or do not work properly.
I need a method to export objects with the object names as their file names – like
The only solution I've found thus far is Layer Exporter. However, this option trims the edges of the images and does not support @2x sizing. Therefore it's not a very good solution.
I can add transparent boxes inside of items like this but I think that this way is wrong.
Also, in CC 2014 the batch renaming of items is broken – it replaces item name with selected format. To avoid this issue you can install dev version of this extension.
I tried also this options:
- Export layers as png files from Illustrator in multiple resolutions! by Arcticmill – this script can export only layers or sublayers with
%in their names. I have a lot of objects and do not want to convert them into sublayers.
- MultiExporter has “Export Layers” → “Selected items' layers” in UI but falls into error
Error: an Illustrator error occurred: 1346458189 ('MRAP')so I don't know the result of this action.
- There is also a MultiExporter fork by thierryc with PSD export and multisize that includes @2x export but it has a similar problem.
- Layer Export by Metamorphical also exports only top-level layers
- Export Layers as Images by John Wundes just does nothing in CC 2014.
Are there any automated options to export images retaining object names and supporting @2x sizing?