I would appreciate if someone could tell me what fonts are used on Kinfolk magazine, more specifically:

  1. Cover Title Font & Secondary Title
  2. The font that is used in the articles within the magazine

I would appreciate if you can saw the sizes of these fonts respectively as well. Thank You.

Note: I have also attached two images, the first one showing the front cover titles, and the second showing the fonts used in the magazine interior.

Front Cover Magazine Interior

  • 2
    You can always use this "What The Font" tool to assist you in IDing fonts: myfonts.com/WhatTheFont Just crop those images and upload there; it should help. – Manly Sep 4 '14 at 15:42
  • Note, no one here can determine the actual font sizes from scanned or photographed copies. The scan/photo will alter the size of type in mist instances. Most of the time, a hard copy of a magazine would need to be examined to determine font sizes. – Scott Sep 4 '14 at 16:51
  • The main title is Trajan with what appears to be one of the Franklin Gothic family as the subtitle font. Inside, it's Franklin Gothic (probably; the images are small and indistinct) and American Garamond. – Andrew Leach Sep 5 '14 at 13:58

Subject font size:

Note: I am a little bit afraid answering this, but I think a Type Gauge (or Type Ruler, Typometer) would help you identify the font sizes of your example. There you can read the font size, line spacing and line width. I am working with a Typometer for a couple of years.

You can get one here or here.

Type gauge

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.