I was reading American Signature Furniture's ad when I came across this neat looking 1.

Does anyone know the name of this font?

enter image description here

or this

enter image description here

The closest I came was Shortwave Gothic Bold.

2 Answers 2


Based off of that "r" and "1", I am fairly certain that is Knockout


It looks very like Silvertone Woodtype by David Thometz. The tail of the lower-case t as well as the cut-out of 1 are indicative. This image is from MyFonts:

Silvertone Woodtype

A drawback of this identification is that Thomertz only designed this extra-condensed version.

MyFonts identify it as derived from a gothic face by Robert Hunter Middleton's Ludlow type foundry, possibly Square Gothic or Record Gothic.

  • @user3131975 You're very kind, but the other answer appears to cover the other variants used in the ad (and I've +1d it). Sep 15, 2014 at 21:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.