Looking for a match or similar font to the text on these signs. Particularly the "D" on the middle sign and "R" on the right most sign -- how they're fatter on the bottom of the curve. Any ideas appreciated.

enter image description here


I doubt that it has a name. Those signs were most likely hand-painted.

I can only see similarities between the letter forms - not uniformity. Take the M in "Morte" vs "Miscarriage". Nonetheless it looks like a compressed Copperplate to me.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    Agreed. Handpainted – DrAwkward Sep 25 '11 at 18:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.