In Photoshop CC, the pen tool contains the shape layers option. where can i find that shape layers option in Photoshop CS6? Everytime i do shape fill, it wont allow me to subtract front shape. so, how do we find the shape layers option for the pen tool?

  • 1
    Your first sentence says, "In photoshop CS6, the pen tool contains the shape layers option." Your question is, "Where can I find the shape layers option in photoshop CS6?" .... I'm confused because you're answering your own question. What do you mean?
    – Ryan
    Oct 27, 2014 at 17:55
  • Im following an old guide for adobe photoshop CS4. i have an update for CS6. so, i know it's it in the pen tool, but where? for the CS6 update.
    – user32794
    Oct 28, 2014 at 16:58
  • It's still a bit unclear to me. Care to show a screenshot of the guide and pinpoint what it is that you're missing in your photoshop? P.S. I retracted my vote to close the question.
    – Joonas
    Oct 29, 2014 at 23:06

1 Answer 1


I guess you need these steps:

1. (at the left) choose the "Shape" tool mode within the Pen tool, draw your shape and then:
2. (at the right) pick the desirable path operation and draw the "subtracter" or whatever

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.