enter image description here

Hi everyone,

I am working on an illustration project and came across this style of illustration. It has the effect of Airbrush/Noise on the edges. I have no idea if this kind of style has a specific name to it. Also, is there a way that I can achieve the same style in my illustration(brushes, etc.)

Thanks in advance Mayank

1 Answer 1


Not all styles have a name, so I can't really help you in that sense.

But you can get that grainy type of transition by setting a layer to dissolve mode. For example, make a character and shade it with a 50% hardness brush (any hardness will work) then change the mode to dissolve (drop down next to the layer opacity)

Hope this helps

  • Thanks @pabombs ! The answer helped. I also found a way to achieve the same result through applying a mask and using the brush mode(using a special brush) to erase it off. This kind of gave me more control over the shape of the grains.But thanks anyways! :) Commented Nov 2, 2014 at 18:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.