I want to rearrange the below text to read "Split Screen" instead of "Screen Split".

How do I do that in Photoshop?

enter image description here


I assuming your asking this question because you don't have access to the 'text layer' and that you have a 'flat layered image'. so here are your steps

  1. Clone your flat layer (background) by CMD-J and call this layer 'chrome bg'
  2. using the marque tool make a selection to cover 'screen' and hit CMD-J, this will clone the selection into a new layer... call this 'screen' and hide the layer
  3. select the 'chrome bg' layer and follow step 2,.. but instead make a selection of 'split'...
  4. now go to layer 'chrome bg' and using the heal/patch tool remove the 'screen split' text and clean the layer.
  5. switch the visibility of all 3 newly created layers. You should now have 3 layers which should allow you to reposition and clean as needed.

Hope this helps cheers

  • Yes. I don't have access to text layer as this is a flat image. Thanks for your steps. Let me check it. – meetpd Nov 11 '14 at 4:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.