I work with Photoshop and there's one effect I've seen that I can't manage to copy. The effect I'm looking for is the shiny effect in the next image:

Shine Effect

I looked online for shine effects but they never look like this one, usually they are made by lens flare but it's just not the same.

Thanks ahead :)

  • Well, do you want to learn to make the effect by your own or do you want to know which add on can do this effect? In both cases I can't help you. BTW: welcome to GD.SE!
    – Mensch
    Commented Nov 11, 2014 at 21:21

1 Answer 1


a dot of white, blur > motion blur horizontal. duplicate this layer and transform it wider and shorter and layer until it has a nice natural look, merge all together. duplicate, rotate 90 degrees, merge. duplicate layer, rotate 45 degrees, transform 60%, center. white blurry dots in the center at increasing size (decrease opacity for each). merge (or dont), light gaus blur, outer glow white

E: had to duplicate and transform the original 'line' 2 or 3 times in varying width and height.

the trick is creating a few original white dots and motion blurring them different amounts and then transforming the results so when you center them all and layer they have a natural feathered look but still are opaque enough.

here's the super lazy result: enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.