There are some common tasks in almost every graphic designer's workflow that are made immensely easy by the Internet, but are often clumsy to handle through traditional channels like E-Mail.
Therefore, my question is: Does anybody know good web applications that serve the graphic designer's workflow? Installable or hosted doesn't matter, it would be interesting to know about both worlds.
- Sending sketches to clients without clogging inboxes and sending dozens of cc's
- Gathering and documenting the client's feedback to the sketches
- Archiving and labeling finished work
- Archiving and labeling common design elements
- Archiving and labeling third-party work used (Stock images, fonts) and their license agreements
- Optionally: Making all this stuff available to the client through a secure login
I have, for example, used WordPress blogs to interact with clients in the past - every sketch being a blog post, and clients giving their feedback in comments. That is a fairly limited method, though - it would be nice to learn about more specialized products.
What are some good products that provide a solution for all or part of these tasks?
I know there are full-blown agency solutions for every imaginable budget, but I'm more interested in the lower price range and Open Source solutions.