I want to achieve the same style in Illustrator like the ones in here https://www.dropbox.com/pro

  • How about using a brush stroke? – David Kirkland Dec 16 '14 at 15:19
  • That's how I'd do it, @David. You should post it as an answer! – JohnB Dec 16 '14 at 16:54

I would go about creating your shapes then applying the Wrinkle Tool:

enter image description here

If you double click the tool you get the options for the tool:

enter image description here

Create your shape:

enter image description here

Apply your settings in the panel and apply it to the stroke:

enter image description here

You will need to play with it but you can adjust your stroke and make the effect thicker, finer, or whatever you want:

enter image description here

  • Yeah I've tried this, but somehow I still feel its not the same. – Abhijeet Raúl Wankhade Dec 16 '14 at 18:02
  • 2
    @AbhijeetRaúlWankhade then why not include that in your question? How long have you tried? Have you practiced? You're trying to mimic work from someone that has years using Illustrator. – DᴀʀᴛʜVᴀᴅᴇʀ Dec 16 '14 at 18:21

Thanks for that guys. I figured it out. I tried bunch of different options but 'Warp Tool' seemed to be the closest.

I used it with these settings: enter image description here

Here are the results:

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.