I am struggling to get this effect in Photoshop, but I am also unaware of what its technical name is. Can somebody please let me know what the name of the the effect that is being used below, that would be of great use to me!

enter image description here

  • This is a paper folding font. And some call it Origami typeface.
    – hsawires
    Jan 20 '15 at 13:51
  • 2
    Hi James, welcome to GDSE and thanks for your question. Let me Google this for you. If you want to know more about the site, please see the help center or ping one of us in chat once your reputation is sufficient (20). Keep contributing and enjoy the site!
    – Vincent
    Jan 20 '15 at 13:57
  • @hsawires Is there a plug-in or this is already available in PS?
    – Troy Woo
    Jan 20 '15 at 15:15
  • 1
    Sorry, but you'll just have to do the work on this one. Afaik, there's no plugin or tool that could do this for you. The Google link in my previous comment gives ample tutorials and instructions.
    – Vincent
    Jan 20 '15 at 15:28
  • Thank you for your responses, this turned out great for me!
    – John
    Jan 21 '15 at 3:12