I tried to create these shapes several times ago without success. I tried with illustrator and a blurry shape that I deform with "Envelope Distort" > "make with mesh" but the result isn't very convincing. I'd tried with photoshop but there isn't a tool like the one in illustrator…

Can you help me ?

1st image : enter image description here

2nd image (bonus): enter image description here

Bonus : can you help me too, to make the effect of the second image ?


1 Answer 1


For the first image, I'd recommend looking at the liquify filter

As for the second, there's a lot of ways to achieve something like that. It certainly doesn't look like one sort of effect. For example, creating a shape with no fill, add a gradient effect. Turn it into a smart object, add gaussian blur and noise and you'll get something like this:

enter image description here

Adding a few layers like this and playing with the blending would get to something like what you're after.

  • I'm feeling stupid to haven't tried this before. I'll try the 2nd tip later but your explications seems good. Thanks again.
    – Theoalran
    Jan 21, 2015 at 14:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.