enter image description here

Is it made in Photoshop or illustrator? I tried many way but can't reach this smooth level

  • Hi ian, welcome to GDSE and thanks for your question. Could you tell us what you tried that didn't work? Always good to show some effort, and your chances for a good answer increase. If you have any questions, please see the help center or ping one of us in chat once your reputation is sufficient (20). Keep contributing and enjoy the site!
    – Vincent
    Jan 23, 2015 at 18:11
  • It's either a scanned texture or simply the noise filter.
    – DA01
    Jan 23, 2015 at 18:53
  • Possibly helpful: graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/9481/…
    – Scott
    Jan 23, 2015 at 22:14

1 Answer 1


Going along with the comments, if you want to design the noise yourself in Photoshop, you can do the following:

1) Make an object with the pen tool and fill with some color. You can use Yellow like the picture if you want.

2) Make a new layer - fill with black.

3) Filter -> Noise -> Add Noise (I used 17.55%, Uniform, Monochromatic. Mess around with the options)

4) Apply a layer mask between the 2 layers (so the black is clipped by the object)

5) Apply a screen layer effect to the noise layer

5) If you want the noise more prominent select the noise layer and go to Layer -> Adjustments -> Brightness. You can also scale the noise to make the particles larger.

  • A slightly more elegant way to do this is to use gradients. That's the way to do it in Illustrator as well. Mind if I edit and add to your answer a bit?
    – gburning
    Jan 23, 2015 at 22:21
  • You may edit and add to my answer.
    – AndrewH
    Jan 23, 2015 at 22:46

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.