can someone please help me and tell me how could I do this border effect in Photoshop?

I know it look like a bad design, but this is an old design of my client and he doesn't have the PSD file anymore.

I searched on Google and other website that I know regarding this, but I have no idea how to do it.

I tried with brevel&embos, with satin and some other tricks, but all I could get is the second img.

If there is someone who knows how to this, please help me.

(first image is the original one, the second one is my version)

Original Image

My version

  • 1
    What technique did you use to create the second one? Giving a little more detail would make your question a lot better Jan 29 '15 at 14:34
  • 1
    I'd be willing to bet a substantial amount that the effect was created using AlienSkin Eye Candy (or similar) using a metallic emboss and a rainbow environment map. Jan 29 '15 at 18:28

You could give it a gradient overlay (from the effects panel, not the adjustments) Aset it to soft light. This wil fake shading and give it more of that round feeling.


You can try "Mesh Tool" and "mask" it later on in Illustrator. Also it looks like they used a "smudge tool" in Photoshop.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.