What is the correct technical term for the swirls above and below the names in the image below?

enter image description here

  • "is the name of the name of the correct name" so what kind of the name game it is?? – Jack Nov 23 '11 at 12:33

They are flourishes. They could be considered calligraphic flourishes, as they are designed to resemble those drawn with a pen.

| improve this answer | |
  • took me 10 years to finally learn that word! I was going with swirls and decorative elements myself until just now. Thanks – Yisela Nov 23 '11 at 15:12

This is what i understood..

There is no name for such typographic patterns(till someone suggest :P), some elements are used to make it stand nothing else and those elements are called decoration...

They are Decorative swirls/Floral/Swooshes and used for decoration..

| improve this answer | |
  • Down voters can i ask the reason behind,answer already says till someone suggest...and we got the right answer.. – Jack Nov 24 '11 at 4:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.