I am looking for the name of a certain design, but unable to figure it out with the aid of Google. I have posted it here as I am currently making a magazine.


  • Welcome to Graphic Design SE, this should be the right place, but I have no clue what style this is but I can tell you is that its from the 1940's (might be earlier) Commented Feb 19, 2015 at 8:51
  • 1
    What sort of name are you looking for? "The" name of this, as it may be of a certain artist and have a proper title? The name of this kind of object ("ornament" should suffice)? Or possibly the name of this style (which for me falls under "baroque")?
    – Jongware
    Commented Feb 19, 2015 at 9:38
  • Oh, this is a screenshot from a 1920s edition of Time Magazine (my bad!). I was looking for a search term so I could identify the style. Commented Feb 22, 2015 at 2:39

2 Answers 2


The style is called Neoclassical


Looks like Jugendstil, google images for "jugendstil ornamente":



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.