This question already has an answer here:

I had thought that the current trend towards 'one colour photos' was being called 'monochrome' but can't seem to find any examples.

The attached picture illustrates what I am referring to. The photo has been darkened and edited to match the colour palette of the website.

enter image description here

The technique is referred to in this question

marked as duplicate by Scott adobe-illustrator Mar 25 '15 at 8:58

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • I have edited the question. If that is still not appropriate please delete it and apologies for the duplicate. – codecowboy Mar 25 '15 at 9:41
  • I think the proper term is 'colour overlay', as seen in the dupe that Scott suggested. – Vincent Mar 25 '15 at 10:19