I created several logos for the Dayton Web Developers meeting. This logo will represent the web developers group in Dayton, OH.
The palette is based on a very popular Sublime Text theme called Cobalt2. Sublime Text is one of the most if not the most popular IDE in the web development community.
We like to abbreviate the Dayton Web Developers group as DWD.
EDIT-- Adding more info:
My concerns/comments with the designs are:
- Maybe the circle badge feels too overused.
- I really like to highlight the symbol. The style of this symbol is the one I like the most.
- Not so sure about the blue text over the gold. I tried black text but it doesn't feel it fits.
- I want to highlight the symbol but I feel without the gold outline it lacks punch.
- Not entirely sure about the gold circle on the outside.
- Maybe this one works well for this style out of 3, 4 and 5, but the square ends feel too simple.
- I like the strength of the symbol, but I feel the rectangle in which the name is makes the logo lack presence.
- I like the typeface used.
- Different typeface, more playful trying to contrast the straight lines of the rectangle.
- Trying to break that stiffness of the rectangle with triangle ends, but I feel that there are too many triangles going on now.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.