enter image description here

See image. Can this be done using photoshop, indesign or illustrator?

Using this opportunity to wish all a happy easter.

1 Answer 1


In Photoshop you can achieve this effect in a number of ways. One such way would be to create a layer filled with white with a black rectangle in the middle. Make this a smart object so you can change the properties to your desired effect. Add a Gaussian Blur and then Color Halftone (Filter > Pixellate > Color Halftone ...). Now make the layer's blending mode Screen:

enter image description here

This will give you an effect like this over whatever your background or layer below is:

enter image description here

  • Could you please tell step by step from opening new file? Not able to achieve it, seems erring one step :(
    – Biju
    Apr 6, 2015 at 1:13
  • What effect did you get?
    – KJP
    Apr 7, 2015 at 6:37
  • Not getting dotted effect :( s3.postimg.org/ojxyq4msz/2bbb.jpg
    – Biju
    Apr 8, 2015 at 12:10
  • Did you create a layer and fill it with white? After which you'd add a black rectangle and turn that layer or layers into a smart object.
    – KJP
    Apr 8, 2015 at 14:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.