How can I make a vector image like this using illustator? (I'm interested in the shape of the triangles) I'm moving from Photoshop to Illustrator and I have some difficulties...
Look at what you have. Circle divided in 6 pieces. divide circle into 6 pieces for starter. It is symmetrical by rotation. Draw one piece and copy. the triangle is pointing one side horizontally. This is what you get:
Image 1: how i would do it
- draw circle (mark center out with guides)
- Draw line at 80 degrees
- trim lines with shape builder
- rotate back by 30 degrees
- move point to verical with lower edge
- rotate and repeat (ctrl+d)
- make stroke wider white
If you want to be entirely accurate (my eyeball did this it very close but not perfect) note that the line has to satisfy following criteria:
Image 2: The geometric problem to solve.
PS: yes its the mirror image
I have read all valuable answers my answer would be easier - I think
- Draw the basic shapes and they are a circle and hexagone
- Align them to the center
- now break each anchor in the hexagon shape by selecting with the white arroe each anchor and click over
cut path at selected anchor pointsselect two by two because if select it all the cut path command will disappear as you select all the object not some anchors of it.
- after that scale each line of the extracted hexagon separately in one way only.
- give a stroke to those line and convert strokes into path. by selecting all lines and apply 10 point stroke then go the
when all lines converted to shape still selected go to pathfinder panel and select unite.
sill the shape selected use sift to select the circle and go to the pathfinder panel and choose
Minus Frontand ungroup the result and delete the generated hexagon generated by our last operation. That's it.