I am looking for a printer that prints on Lycra material (This is like swimwear material and also sportswear material). Does someone maybe know this type of printer? Where I can find it and what is the name of this printer? Please help :-)

  • Hi Ledine, welcome to GDSE and thanks for your question. If you want to know more about the site, please see the help center or ping one of us in Graphic Design Chat once your reputation is sufficient (20). Keep contributing and enjoy the site! – Vincent May 21 '15 at 8:53

I think the usual way to print that kind of material is screen printing.
The inks used, should be stretchy. I don't have experience in screen printing Lycra, but I believe you can mix an additive to plastisol inks to make them more stretchable.

If you are looking for a machine you could start looking for screen printing equipment

I know there are printers that can print directly on the material using screenprint inks. As far as I know it is quite expensive and usually for prototypes and one-offs.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.