I'd like to release some artwork under the CC0 license, but I'm a bit worried about the implications of that...
What is someone allowed to do with a CC0 work? What's the worst that can happen?
Or more specifically...
- Can they claim that they are the original author?
- Can they assign a different license to the work and redistribute it?
To clarify what I already understand:
- Anyone can use the artwork for (almost) any purpose.
- They do not have to give me any credit or even mention that they did not create it.
- They may redistribute it, even by selling it.