The design given in the picture is very impressive and many such designs have been used as background images and also as components in certain flat illustrations.

Is there a name for this style?

This is the image referred to in the question

  • Hi Afthab Ali, welcome to GDSE and thanks for your question. If you want to know more about the site, please see the help center or ping one of us in the Graphic Design Chat once your reputation is sufficient (20). Keep contributing and enjoy the site!
    – PieBie
    Commented Jul 1, 2015 at 7:45

2 Answers 2


Do a Google search for "low poly background".

There are a lot of generators for this kind of images:


Here's a tutorial that I followed to make a low-poly design

The main points I liked this tutorial is that it was really easy to follow and it didn't jump from part to part, thats especially helpful for a beginner

By the way I enjoyed the speedart video


  • Could you please include the main points of the tutorial in your answer? That way, your answer is still valuable if the link breaks at a later time. Link rot is the main reason we really, really dislike link-only answers here. Thanks!
    – Vincent
    Commented Jul 1, 2015 at 9:37
  • Agh.. sorry fixed it now
    – ekclone
    Commented Jul 1, 2015 at 12:44
  • Uh... what I meant is the gist of the method used in the tutorial. As-is, your answer is still not of very much use in case the link goes dead, I'm sorry. Thanks for trying, tho! :)
    – Vincent
    Commented Jul 1, 2015 at 13:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.