I am trying to figure out what term to use when searching for fonts that are open so that centers of o's, a's, p's etc. will be attached to the background when I use them in cut files.

  • 1
    Hi Linda, welcome to GDSE and thanks for your question. If you want to know more about the site, please see the help center or ping one of us in the Graphic Design Chat once your reputation is sufficient (20). Keep contributing and enjoy the site!
    – Vincent
    Jul 10, 2015 at 15:58

1 Answer 1


That's called a stencil font.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.